Brushes with Culture

This is a space where I can reflect on the many fascinating things that I experience. Some of the things I brush with are Culture with a capital C. Others are just intriguing moments. Sometimes I am brushing with these moments in a hurry. This is a chance to relive those moments in tranquility. These are the stories I tell myself in those quieter moments.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Ironically Juicy

I'm typing one-handed, which sounds dodgy and is. The dodginess reflects the connections when you plug in power at the India Habitat Centre (parrots fly around the eaves and nice flowers and fish abound so it's a good spot) . They spark and fly and are distinctly unstable. The conference is called Juice (the link will appear when my other hand's free). Having wiggled the power so that my plug is now recharging the laptop and not just resting in a socket, I'm part of the circuit and every time the laptop touches my knee, it stings.

The Juice in question is Food Fuel and Meaning - how to cut our dependence on fuel; how to lessen our carbon emissions. Clusters of people have gathered round the sockets here and this four-way adapter appeared at lunchtime. Earlier, my need to network led me out of the conference hall and down to another socket where I could wedge a chair but that meant missing the very conference I was here to hear. Funny how fast one-hand typing can get when you know the keyboard... Funny what lengths one will go to to find power...

Juice. If I survive the electricity, it's back to some interesting connections in actuality and people who are doing things that are important to the project that brought me here.

NB. Photographing one-handed is also dodgy, as can be seen from the pics...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home