Brushes with Culture

This is a space where I can reflect on the many fascinating things that I experience. Some of the things I brush with are Culture with a capital C. Others are just intriguing moments. Sometimes I am brushing with these moments in a hurry. This is a chance to relive those moments in tranquility. These are the stories I tell myself in those quieter moments.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

The DTP


The David Tennant Phenomenon...

He's been seen in a wine bar in Wimbledon by a friend of mine. He looked very nice and had a charming young woman with him. This was possibly an actress then appearing upstairs in the pantomime at the New Wimbledon Theatre, I'm told.

Apparently (the same friend reports), he got away with wearing a red velvet jacket for his appearance on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross (left).

...I missed both these occasions.

But I did catch his moment on The Big Fat Quiz of the Year 2005, as it coincided with me flicking on the TV for something else. Sharon Osbourne was being sycophantic and one of the other participants was being obscene about the size of his Casanovas.

In addition, I made the family watch Doctor Who on Christmas Day, not for The DTP, but because I liked the last series and this episode was also written by Russell T Davies. Then I went to see Harry Potter and the Gobler of Fire to discover Tennant was playing the mean and nasty Barty Crouch Jr.

My feeling is that The DTP is only just taking off. There will be further reports on this, as matters develop. Meanwhile, I'd better shape up if this sighting thing is going to get personal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home