Brushes with Culture

This is a space where I can reflect on the many fascinating things that I experience. Some of the things I brush with are Culture with a capital C. Others are just intriguing moments. Sometimes I am brushing with these moments in a hurry. This is a chance to relive those moments in tranquility. These are the stories I tell myself in those quieter moments.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Note to Self

I don't like ballet. I never have. And yet every five years or so, I forget again and off I go. So, let's get a couple of positions clear once and for all.

1) I do not like ballet and I will not take up other people's tickets, even if they only cost £7 each.
2) I do not like Coriolanus. I will never go and see Coriolanus again. Regardless of who is in it.

I have seen Corionlanus three times and each time I recognise that I didn't like it last time, that I don't like it now and that I never want to see it again. And it would be fair to say that I gave it every chance: I caught both Ian McKellen and Ralph Fiennes playing the title role. Separately, of course.

Perhaps, now I've got a blog, I will remember these things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home