Brushes with Culture

This is a space where I can reflect on the many fascinating things that I experience. Some of the things I brush with are Culture with a capital C. Others are just intriguing moments. Sometimes I am brushing with these moments in a hurry. This is a chance to relive those moments in tranquility. These are the stories I tell myself in those quieter moments.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Byebye Telly

My television has just broken down. More precisely, Cybermen killed my telly. (There's a headline. Perhaps the equal of 'Freddie Starr ate my hamster' but even harder to prove.)

The TV expired just as the first part of a Doctor Who two-parter was finishing and I expected to see a 'To be Continued' message appear following the disappearance of my picture down to a dot. But the dot faded away and no amount of slapping (percussive therapy) brought it back.

I wonder how much I'll miss it. Far less if I stop browsing the Radio Times television pages, that's for sure.

Bloody David Tennant...

2 Comments:

At 8:59 pm, Blogger JP said...

Doom with me too - my wonderful Freeview PVR is bust. Not just missing Doctor Who (which will be repeated) but the Volvo Ocean race TV show which won't and is being broadcast at the ungodly hour of 3am on ITV-4 (not exactly prime time is it).

Luckily I found the invoice and whats more it was 51 weeks old....

 
At 9:28 am, Blogger JP said...

Less luckily it was an invoice from the unbeatable site that went bust last year.......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home